Congrats! You’ve unpacked the last cardboard box and tidied up packing debris. Before you kick back and finally start enjoying your new home, there’s a few key follow-up items you shouldn’t forget!
The moments after you successfully move into your new home are actually an overlooked but critical time to make sure your moving process is wrapped up properly. As tempting as it may be to put off these final moving tasks, tackle them right away to ensure that your big move is an even bigger success.
Review this short checklist before you move in, and once more after you’ve unpacked!
- Change locks and batteries, and all security codes on sensitive devices. Don’t put this off and say you’ll do it tomorrow, safety is important!
- Immediately connect appliances, and set up Internet/Cable services (It’s difficult to get much done without access to the Web!)
- Update your driver’s license and license plates if necessary
- Hang on to Command Central, and make a section for post-move. Keep important emergency and office phone numbers. You will do a lot of research on finding new doctors, dentists, daycares, vets, etc.
- Ensure that you have updated your mailing address for ALL services (You want your bills and subscriptions to reach you!)
Everyone has their own way of staying organized, but it’s important to remember these important steps once you’ve arrived at the new place you’ll call “home.” Check out our other post, What to Do Once You Arrive, for more quick tips on streamlining your move-in process!
If you have any questions on how our family-owned business can help you through your moving process, please don’t hesitate to contact our team today!