Florida is, undeniably, a state of people on-the-move. Unfortunately, this high amount of moving, both to and from The Sunshine State, can leave many at the mercy of malignant moving scammers. For the unknowing, these companies can leave people’s irreplaceable family heirlooms, furniture and more at risk. As Chris Sorensen remarked on his recent Local 6 interview, some of these scam companies, “are essentially a website and a rental truck.”
So how can you make sure that you are hiring a reputable moving company? We provided Local 6 with some helpful tips that may help you during your next move.
- Ask for an in-home estimate
- Don’t pick a mover solely based on the lowest price
- Never give an upfront deposit
- Do your research on the company
- If ever possible, go with a name you trust
- Get a referral if you’re unsure about the companies in your area
- Ask for all agreements in writing
- Know your rights — the final price cannot exceed 10% of your agreed estimate
Sorensen is a family company three generations strong and a name that you can trust. We practice what we preach and would be proud to help you and your family move with the peace of mind that you deserve. Please visit our website today for more information on how we can help during your next move, or give us a call directly.