Last time, we focused on important documents to keep with you during your move. Now, let’s touch on some other items that you will want to make sure that you have on your person when moving.
1. Packing supply kit: This includes a spare box, a marker, and packing tape. This will be handy if you forget to pack something and have to do it last minute.
2. Paper products: Toilet paper, napkins, and paper towels. You don’t want to get to your new house and have to dig around for these items!
3. Plastic plates/ silverware: This way you don’t have to unpack all of your kitchen items before having a meal in your new home.
4. Toiletries: Toothbrush, toothpaste, razor, shampoo, soap, and deodorant. You might also want to include a shower curtain and hooks if your new home does not have an enclosed shower. At the end of moving day, there is nothing like a hot shower to unwind. You don’t want to have to look through all of your boxes to be able to take one!
5. Pet supplies: Leash, bed, food, and bowls. You want to make sure your pet is as comfortable as possible throughout your move.
6. Medical needs: Prescriptions, over the counter meds, contact solution, etc. will all need to be easily accessible so bring it with you rather than packing it onto the truck.
7. Technology: Computers, phones, tablets, and their chargers. This way, you can stay plugged in and communicate with others throughout your move.
8. Healthy snacks: Moving is hard work, so snacks will give you the energy boost you need to get through the day. Easy snacks include nuts, peanut butter crackers, granola bars, and fruit.
9. Sentimental items: Photographs, albums, letters, home videos and the like are all items that you will want to bring with you. This way they will not risk being damaged or lost.
10. Jewelry: Most moving companies require that you take your jewelry with you, so be prepared to do so.
We hope that this checklist makes your move a little easier! Until next time, have a great week!