Five Reasons to Move to Brevard County
Are you thinking about moving? Here are the top five reasons that you should choose to move to Brevard County!
1. Location: Brevard County is located 35 miles east of Orlando, about halfway between Miami and Jacksonville. It runs along 72 miles of gorgeous beaches on Florida’s central east coast. Brevard is also known as the Space Coast because of its proximity to Kennedy Space Center. In fact, Brevard’s telephone area code is 321, as in “3-2-1- liftoff!”
2. Weather: Although it can get a little steamy in the summer, Brevard’s average annual temperature is about 72 degrees, with about 300 sunny days per year.
3. Schools: Brevard Public Schools serve about 73,000 students and consist of 86 schools, 20 special centers, and 10 charter schools. Brevard Public Schools continue to uphold a prestigious academic reputation with two elementary schools and two high schools ranking amongst the top ten in the state. If you are pursuing a higher education, Brevard also has several schools to choose from, including Florida Institute of Technology and Eastern Florida State College.
4. Recreation: Brevard County is conducive to an active lifestyle. On any given day, you can go to the beach, sail on the river, play golf or tennis, fish, or go for a bike ride. In addition to numerous outdoor activities, Brevard is home to two major shopping malls. Families can also spend the day at the Brevard Zoo, the Kennedy Space Center, or drive the short hour to Orlando to check out the numerous theme parks and tourist attractions.
5. Affordability: Brevard’s cost of living is about 12% less than the national average. Residents do not pay an income tax because Florida is one of nine states that doesn’t have a state income tax.
We hope that you will consider moving to Brevard County, and if you do, that you will choose Sorensen!