A MOVING COMPANY RICH IN HISTORY AND COMMUNITY VALUES
Sorensen Moving Company was started in March of 1956 by William H. Sorensen. Mr. Sorensen moved from upstate NY to Melbourne seeking a new business opportunity in an area that was rapidly expanding with the inception of the space program and KSC.
In 1977, Scott Sorensen, William’s son, took over as President and owner of Sorensen Moving & Storage. A few years later, Sorensen Moving & Storage relocated its corporate headquarters to a new and more spacious facility at EG BLvd, where the moving co currently resides.
Over the years, the company has seen a great deal of growth and success making it one of the most accomplished, family-owned moving companies in the industry. To better serve Central Florida and expand its local moving services, commercial moving services, and logistics management services, Sorensen was proud to open a second location in Orlando in 2013.
Recognized for numerous awards and accomplishments, Sorensen Moving & Storage continues to raise the bar for moving excellence and customer satisfaction.
“At Sorensen Moving & Storage, you have my personal assurance we will provide you the best service with the greatest value at the most competitive pricing.” – Scott Sorensen
Recognition and Accomplishments
- 1956 Company established by William “Bill” Sorensen, Melbourne, FL
- 1977 Son, Scott Sorensen, becomes President/CEO and Owner
- 1978 Becomes Agent, Allied Van Lines
- 1984 Recognized as largest agent in sales, Southeast Region, by Allied Van Lines
- 1989 Small Business of the Year, SBA
- 1990 Florida Business of the Year, recognized by U.S. Small Business Administration, Office of the President of United States
- 2001 Global Agent of the Year, Allied Van Lines
- 2003-2006 Top 5 Agents, Allied Van Lines
- 2013 Scott Sorensen, Entrepreneur of the Year, Space Coast Business
- 2013 Becomes an Agent for Mayflower, Global Moving Company
- 2013 Opens Orlando location
- 2015 Sorensen Orlando named Top 100 Business for Working Families, Orlando Sentinal
- 2015 Finalist, GrowFL “Companies to Watch”
GIVING BACK TO THE COMMUNITY
Over the years, Sorensen Moving & Storage has been able to grow its business utilizing two basic philosophies: 1. maintain total customer satisfaction at all times, 2. give back to the community that has given so much to us.
Sorensen Moving & Storage has a long tradition of community support through philanthropic board membership, in-kind services, and financial contributions Serving on numerous boards and committees, the Sorensen family is known for their unwavering support and generosity to organizations and non-profits near and dear to them.
Some organizations that Sorensen regularly supports include:
- Junior League of South Brevard
- Junior Achievement, Founder’s Forum
- Space Coast Early Intervention
- Second Harvest Food Bank Chambers of Commerce
- Economic Development Council
- And many more!
Reaching Out Program – Collecting toys for needy children
Sorensen Moving & Storage loves the kids! Especially those in need. Beginning in the early 90’s, Sorensen has partnered with Florida Today to collect, store, and distribute toys throughout Brevard County to provide toys to needy children at Christmas Time. Prior to this program, Sorensen supported the Marine Toys for Tots Christmas drive with drop off boxes and in kind moving services.
Supporting Education and Athletic Programs
Understanding that a solid education is the foundation to success, Sorensen has long supported both secondary and higher education institutions. For many years, Sorensen has shared a strong relationship with Florida Institute of Technology as a vendor and a community partner. Sorensen is proud to be one of the founding boosters of FIT Football, the newest athletic program for FIT. Sorensen has also supported University of Florida, Melbourne Central Catholic High School, and Holy Trinity Episcopal Academy.