All of us who have moved in the past can agree moving can become not only stressful but quite expensive, especially moving cross country. For instance, relocating a three-bedroom house can go up to $10,000 in price, including the price of the move itself (considering long distance moves are based off of weight.) Here are a few tips to help you save on your upcoming cross country move.
1) Start by figuring out your moving budget. When hiring a professional moving company, there may be a wide range of prices available depending on what services you would like to include in your upcoming move. If you are aware of how much you can spend, then you can narrow down your options and make the process a little easier.
2) Next, try choosing the right time to move. Generally, August and September are the busiest months to move. They may also be the most expensive months to move. People tend to move during the weekends, the summer time or the holidays due to having time off from work or school. On the other hand, if you can be flexible on your moving dates you may be moving cross country cheaper. Try to consider moving through the middle of the month instead.
3) Sorting through your belongings room by room will save you money as well. Getting rid of unwanted clutter is one of the most cost effective tips you can use to help you save money during your move, considering interstate moves go according to the amount of weight you are shipping. Try donating unwanted things or hosting a garage sale to help raise money for your move.
4) If you’re worried about shipping your valuables, organize to take them with you personally during your move. This may help with the cost of your move simply by reducing weight.
5) Moving cross country cheap does not necessarily mean ‘do it yourself.’ You may think asking friends, your kids or people around your neighborhood to help could save you time and money. Really, it may end up costing you more rather than hiring professionals. Sometimes using recycled boxes or asking the wrong people to help may put your belongings at risk. That’s why it benefits you to hire us.
There’s no doubt that relocating cross country can be stressful and full of emotions. That’s why it’s best to leave it to the professionals to handle all of the stress for you. Here at Sorensen Allied
we guarantee you will be satisfied with your entire moving experience from beginning to the end. Our customers’ satisfaction is our number one priority and we provide the same superior service whether we’re relocating a family across town or a business across the world.
Feel free to contact us when you’re ready to save money on your upcoming move.
Please don’t hesitate to visit our website in order to learn more about the services we can provide to you or your company, as we service local, out of state, corporate, and commercial moves.
You can also reach us toll free at 1-800-926-2770 with any questions regarding our moving services.
Written by: Tiffany Vargas