We know that moves can’t always wait — even in the case of a pandemic. If you find yourself relocating during COVID-19, you’re probably wondering what you need to know to stay safe throughout the process.
We’ve compiled the following tips from the World Health Organization (WHO), the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the American Moving and Storage Association (AMSA) to help ensure a safe, successful move during the coronavirus:
- Take advantage of virtual moving estimates. Thanks to power of technology, it’s never been easier to skip the in-home estimate and opt for a virtual moving quote. At Sorensen, we offer easy, hassle-free virtual moving estimates.
- Practice social distancing. Make sure to comply with current CDC guidelines for social distancing and stay at least six feet away from your moving crew at all times. It’s also helpful to leave doors and windows open to increase ventilation during the loading and unloading process.
- Use new boxes for packing. Now isn’t the time to pick up used boxes from stores or online sources. If you are going to pack yourself, make sure you use new boxes and tape. To make it easier, we offer packing services and supplies.
- Wash your hands often. The CDC recommends washing your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. If you have it, keep hand sanitizer nearby.
- Plan travel in advance. How will you be getting to your new home? If you’re driving long distance, plan your route in advance. Try to avoid unnecessary stops by packing drinks and snacks for the trip.
- Donate unopened food to lighten your load. If you have unopened, non-perishable food you plan to throw out to lighten your load, consider donating it to your local food bank. Visit feedingamerica.org to find a food bank near you.
- Deep clean your new home before unpacking. It’s usually best to err on the side of caution when it comes to sanitation during a pandemic. You may want to consider deep cleaning your new home before unpacking to ensure all surfaces are sanitized properly. Ask your account executive how Sorensen Moving might be able to assist with this.
- Stay informed. Each state differs a bit on guidelines and restrictions during the COVID-19 pandemic, so make sure to check your local health department’s website for the latest coronavirus information and guidance.
At Sorensen, we’ll go the distance (while keeping our distance)
If you’re looking for a Florida moving company you can trust to provide safe, stress-free relocation services during the coronavirus pandemic, we’re here for you. Get your free moving quote today.