Let’s face it, moving is hectic. In fact, preparing to move tends to be one of life’s most stressful events. From affecting your sleep patterns to increasing your blood pressure, stress can take a toll on your physical and mental health if you aren’t careful.
That’s why it’s more important than ever to ensure you’re taking care of yourself during the transition. With the right planning — and by following a few simple guidelines — it can make the process much easier for you and your family.
The following tips will help you maintain balance throughout your move.
- Keep a water bottle near you at all times. During the busy times of your move, you may forget how important it is to drink enough water. Try keeping a bottle or a fresh glass of water around you at all times to help keep you hydrated.
- Try to avoid eating junk food. Eating heavy meals or food items high in carbs will only slow you down. Try replacing those fast breakfast meals with a yogurt and throw in some granola for extra protein. You’ll have the right amount of energy to keep your day going.
- Try to find some time to add in stress free activities during the moving process. Take your family to the park or your dog for a stroll around the block. Work in time throughout the process to do things you enjoy. You can get to those boxes tomorrow!
- Stay organized. To make this move as worry-free as possible, try to remain organized throughout the process. Things as simple as knowing where your keys are or where you left the packing tape will help keep your stress level to a minimum.
- Hire some help. Moving companies help ease the tension of your move. Hire helpers to assist you with packing your breakables or other household good items. You can even opt to hire a company for a full-service move, which includes packing and unpacking.
Make your next move a stress-free experience with Sorensen
Whether your move is local or long-distance, Sorensen Moving & Storage offers a variety of moving services to fit your needs and your budget. We begin every relocation with a customized plan developed by your personal relocation consultant, who will work with you to develop the best plan for your budget — and put your mind at ease. Get your free quote today!